Creative Strategy Intern - NYC
Creative Strategy Intern - NYC
Fill Date: June 4 - August 17
Game Seven Marketing is an Experiential Marketing Agency that exists at the intersection of sport and culture. Operating at this intersection allows us to create, develop, and execute truly innovative and authentic experiences that drive consumer interest.
The brands we work with are committed to continually pushing the envelope, breaking barriers, and writing the rules that will shape the future of sport and culture. Our approach is no different; we pride ourselves on being forward thinkers, relying on speed, efficiency, and relentless work ethic to flawlessly deliver on all client objectives.
You have a strong understanding of sports and culture. You are aware and passionate about current trends and see the parallels between sports and popular culture.
You’re a team player, hard-working, organized, and ready to get your hands dirty.
You’re able to work on short deadlines and capable of juggling multiple projects at once with quick turnaround times. You’re able to handle high pressure situations and to follow instructions. You’re always ready to hard worker and eager for success.
Must be available for the full term of the program.
This role sits in our New York office and reports to the Creative Strategy team.
You will work with Game Seven’s internal creative agency (Olé) on various projects throughout the summer with high level clients such as Nike, Jordan, Beats by Dre, and many more.
This position is a great way to gain insight into this fast-paced industry.
The Creative Strategist Intern will be expected to contribute to a multitude of tasks; including, but not limited to:
- Generates fresh and unique insights about the market, product, and consumer to help inform creative ideas.
- Provides input on strategy, ideation, and creative problem-solving, while assisting in the preparation of presentations and concepts.
- Assists in both creative and experiential projects with strategy-driven ideas, plans, and approaches.
- Can communicate both visual and conceptual directions for an idea
- Provides strategic support to all divisions of the agency from accounts and production to copywriting and design.
- Participates in and displays a strong voice in brainstorming new, innovative ideas to support client initiatives.
- Produces and presents creative concepts in a thorough and digestible manner, including concept inspiration and thought process.
- Stays current on trends in sport, music, entertainment, lifestyle, art, culture, and advertising.
- Provides creative guidance for supporting creative, account, and production staff while working cohesively to meet client expectations.
- Displays a willingness to embrace research and competitive information opportunities.
- Displays characteristics of a “self-starter” – able to anticipate needs and act without direction when required
- Creative problem-solver, strategic thinker, and insight-driven
- Conceptually and visually strong
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, detail-driven environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects at any given time.
- Highly competent with Apple programs, specifically Keynote.
- Passion and love for sport and culture