Account Manager - Portland, OR
Account Manager - Portland, OR
Fill Date: Immediately
Game Seven Marketing is an Experiential Marketing Agency that exists at the intersection of sport and culture. Operating at this intersection allows us to create, develop, and execute truly innovative and authentic experiences that drive consumer interest.
Carrying the belief that everything is experience and everything starts with a story, Olé Creative, Game Seven’s creative arm, focuses on designing, building, writing, capturing, and binding authentic narratives that fuel the culture of sport.
The brands we work with are committed to continually pushing the envelope, breaking barriers, and writing the rules that will shape the future of sport and culture. Our approach is no different; we pride ourselves on being forward thinkers, relying on speed, efficiency, and relentless work ethic to flawlessly deliver on all client objectives.
You can create meaningful, strategic, and inspiring brand experiences for clients. You are passionate about all forms of storytelling, ideation, developing, and pitching. You deliver inspiring concepts that influencers, athletes, consumers and artists haven’t seen before. You stay wired to sports, culture, fashion, and music. You know about emerging talent, influencers and trends. You have strong relationships in the industry and have no problem creating new ones. You’re a self-starter who is able to work with a small team and over communicate to larger teams. You can take direction, take the lead or take others under your wing. You like to stay ahead of the curve and make sure your team does as well. Your boss is always impressed with your work ethic. You won’t stop until the job gets done. You do what it takes to make things happen. You go after every loose ball. You hustle.
The Account Manager plays a primary role with the client and must be proficient in writing, research, creating pitch decks, handling direct client contact, creating programs, and giving presentations. You can handle a wide range of projects, work both independently and collaboratively, and be able to make decisions and offer guidance to clients. You will lead communication of all details, decision-making and progress between clients and agency. Your role is to oversee the Portland office of Game Seven, develop new business opportunities within your market, and manage day-to-day client and project needs, including managing a team of 1-3 people. You’re responsible for managing resources and holding the team accountable for the on-time, on-budget delivery of plans, programs and events. The Account Manager must know the business of their client and focus on creating the best opportunities for the brand and the business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day account work, which includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain client contact
- Delegate responsibilities to the team as needed
- Create agendas and recaps for all meetings and calls
- Manage project timelines and budgets
- Develop creative solutions to obstacles and budget constraints with client goals in mind.
- Create pitch decks and updating decks as needed
- Prepare and review status reports
- Manage, develop and supervise junior staff
- Manage strategy and plans for accounts, lead brainstorm sessions and ideation, and understand and track clients’ business objectives and priorities.
- Maintain a strong understanding of client information including general business strategy, industry issues, products and services offered, key customers and competitors in the marketplace
- Work with Production Department to execute all client plans, develop production schedule, and serve as a liaison between production and client to communicate work-back schedule and updates.
- Have excellent research, writing and editing skills, excellent time management skills, take initiative in identifying and proposing new ways to advance team, agency and client, and take initiative in recommending solutions to problems and assisting teammates with problem solving.
- Have ability to balance workload, be flexible to address needs of client, communicate efficiently and affectively to agency Leadership, as well as with teammates.
Game Seven team members always seek to learn, build skills and knowledge and increase their value to the agency and clients. They take and give constructive criticism in a professional and productive manner and set an example for junior staff in all facets of their job.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Review invoices for accuracy
- Display and encourage high-level attention to detail on all communication, documents, and tasks
- Adherence to company and client SOP on all awarded projects regarding purchasing, contracting, and approvals
- Deliver premium experience and high-level client management on all projects, regardless of size or budget
- Identify and pursue potential new business opportunities
- Maintain vital and comprehensive database of information and documents containing specific details of all projects
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 5 years of account, brand, and/or client marketing/management experience
- Experience managing teams
- Experience with client development and new business development
- Experience developing strategic plans and managing budgets
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Skilled expository writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, detail-driven environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects at any given time
- Highly competent in Excel and Keynote
- Passion and love for sport and culture
- Ability to travel and work weekends, as needed