Production Manager - LA
Production Manager - LA
Fill Date: Immediate
Game Seven Marketing is an Experiential Marketing Agency that exists at the intersection of sport and culture. Operating at this intersection allows us to create, develop, and execute truly innovative and authentic experiences that drive consumer interest.
The brands we work with are committed to continually pushing the envelope, breaking barriers, and writing the rules that will shape the future of sport and culture. Our approach is no different; we pride ourselves on being forward thinkers, relying on speed, efficiency, and relentless work ethic to flawlessly deliver on all client objectives.
You can bring meaningful, strategic, and inspiring brand experiences to life! You are passionate about production and all that comes with it. You have strong vendor relationships in the industry and have no problem creating new ones. You are incredibly resourceful and understand research is a big part of production. You’re a self-starter who is able to work with a small team and over communicate to larger teams. You can take direction, take the lead or take others under your wing. Your boss is always impressed with your work ethic. Flexibility is key, things come up in events all the time, and you are a good problem solver, always willing to work at finding solutions to any challenges that present themselves. You won’t stop until the job gets done. You do what it takes to make things happen. You go after every loose ball. You hustle.
The Production Manager has overview awareness of all production related aspects of her/his projects, at all times, and ensures that the clients expectations are not only met, but exceeded on every project. You are organized, self-motivated and able to think creatively and quickly. You work closely with the Accounts team and our clients and must be proficient in writing, budgets, production documents, activation and branding decks, staff and security manuals and production specific presentations. You will handle a wide range of projects, work both independently and collaboratively, and be able to make decisions and offer guidance to the accounts team and our clients. You’re responsible for managing resources and holding the team accountable for the on-time, on-budget delivery of plans, programs and events. The Production Manager knows event production and how to create the best product for the brand and the business.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Oversee management of production related needs, including but not limited to:
- Vendor coordination
- Print production
- Load in, install and strike oversight
- A/V, lighting, staging and custom fabrication
- Event Staff booking, training and briefing
Create, manage and circulate production specific documents, including but not limited to:
- Project Overview
- Production Binder
- ROS, Workback schedules
- Staffing grid and manual
- Security manual
- Branding grid
- One sheets//Call sheets
- Work with Accounts team ensuring production updates are being communicated to the client
- Assist in the ideation and/or creation of creative decks for clients
- Source, train and manage freelance production staff
- Oversee Event Staff casting, scheduling and training
- Create, manage and oversee budgets, as needed
- Review, track and process invoices
- Excellent research, writing, editing skills and time management skills
- Identify and propose new ways to advance team, agency and client
- Recommend solutions to problems and assist teammates with problem solving
- Ability to balance workload, be flexible to address needs of client, communicate efficiently and effectively to agency leadership, as well as with teammates
- Game Seven team members always seek to learn, build skills and knowledge and increase their value to the agency and clients. They take and give constructive criticism in a professional and productive manner and set an example for junior staff in all facets of their job
- Reviewing invoices for accuracy
- Displaying and encouraging high-level attention to detail on all communication, documents, and tasks.
- Adhering to company and client SOW on all awarded projects regarding purchasing, contracting, and approvals.
- Delivering premium experience and high-level client management on all projects, regardless of size or budget.
- Maintaining vital and comprehensive database of information and documents containing specific details of all projects.
- Minimum 5-7 years of event production experience with keen understanding of production timelines, process, and procedures
- Experience managing vendors, obtaining estimates, and sharp understanding of associated budget management and reconciliation
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, detail-driven environment with tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects at any given time
- Highly competent with MAC as well as MS Word, MS Excel, and Keynote for presentations
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a bonus, but not necessary
- Passion and love for sport, entertainment, fashion and culture