Graphic Design Intern - NYC
Graphic Design Intern - NYC
Fill Date: June 4 - August 17
Game Seven Marketing is an Experiential Marketing Agency that exists at the intersection of sport and culture. Operating at this intersection allows us to create, develop, and execute truly innovative and authentic experiences that drive consumer interest.
The brands we work with are committed to continually pushing the envelope, breaking barriers, and writing the rules that will shape the future of sport and culture. Our approach is no different; we pride ourselves on being forward thinkers, relying on speed, efficiency, and relentless work ethic to flawlessly deliver on all client objectives.
You have a strong understanding of sports and culture. You are aware and passionate about current trends and see the parallels between sports and popular culture.
You’re a team player, hard-working, organized, and ready to get your hands dirty.
You’re able to work on short deadlines and capable of juggling multiple projects at once with quick turnaround times. You’re able to handle high pressure situations and to follow instructions. You’re always ready to hard worker and eager for success.
Must be available for the full term of the program.
This role sits in our New York office and reports to the Art Director.
You will work with Game Seven’s internal creative agency (Olé) on various projects throughout the summer with high level clients such as Nike, Jordan, Beats by Dre, and many more.
This role will have a sharp focus on the creation and development of visual output based on design direction, as well as the implementation and application of visual concepts. Under the direction/supervision of an Art Director, the you will generate innovative ideas and design solutions from brand initiatives to events to packaging. You will work in both 2D and 3D across a range of different mediums.
This position is a great way to gain insight into this fast-paced industry.
The Graphic Design Intern will be expected to contribute to a multitude of tasks; including, but not limited to:
- Providing visual solutions through the use of drawing/sketching, typography, ideation, color theory, use of texture, spacing, and scale, while spearheading the preparation of presentations and visual concepts.
- Developing design layouts for event marketing materials, digital graphics, print graphics, and presentations.
- Conducting research and gathering insights to both support and inform all creative concepts.
- Displaying excellent time management skills, with an ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Staying current on trends in sport, music, entertainment, lifestyle, art, and culture.
- Identifying trendsetter ideas by researching industry related events, publications, announcements, and social media outlets, in turn providing creative solutions, partnerships, collaborations, and general ideas that support client objectives.
- Achieved or working towards a degree in graphic design, visual communications, or related visual arts field.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, detail-driven environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects at any given time.
- Highly competent with MAC, specifically Keynote.
- Highly competent with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator.
- Working knowledge of different 3D CAD and rendering programs (Rhino 3D/3ds, Max/Maya/Vray etc.) is a huge bonus but not required.
- Ability to illustrate, draw, and think in both 2D and 3D.
- Ability to prototype, iterate, and problem solve through design challenges.
- Passion and love for sport and culture